Hello! Every weekday at 10am Pacific Time we host a 30 minute training session on different aspects of NationBuilder. If you are a beginner it's a great place to start, if you have any questions it's a great place to jump in and chat!
Once you RSVP you will receive the link to join us on zoom and the link will work every day!
Can't make it? Check out the recording from January 2019!
I also recommend checking out some of our getting started guides, even if you're not new to NationBuilder you'll find some helpful tips for suggested workflows.
Monday - The Control Panel
- Sign into your nation - nationslug.nationbuilder.com/admin
- NationBuilder Support Documentation
Tuesday - People
- HOW TO navigate your people section
- HOW TO import
- Relationships between people and organizations
- How to request the Voter File from NationBuilder - plus some info on our data
- Check out Tectonica Tools for info on how to connect NationBuilder to MailChimp, EventBrite and Gmail
- Here is the list of fields you can import into NationBuilder
Wednesday - Communication
- General Communication HOW TOs
- HOW TO create an email address
- HOW TO target people & filter (remember you can email a saved filter, list or tag!)
- We have two hour-long webinars on how to set up effective email communication recorded as well - part 1, part 2.
- Also, here is how you add a header to your email blasts, and a little more on files.
- And finally our recent blog post 'Best practices for collecting and repermissioning consent using email and forms'
- And also again! Here is how you create an email with screenshots
- Tips for creating easier email blasts
Thursday - Finances & Website
- HOW TO manage your finances with NationBuilder
- HOW TO fundraise with NationBuilder
- HOW TO start your website
- http://nationbuilder.com/how_pages_work -- this link includes the info on adding the ‘homepage’ tag to your pages!
- Public Theme Guidelines - this will tell you the sizes and expected behavior of our themes!
Friday - Paths & Goals
- HOW TO Manage Paths
- HOW TO Manage Goals
- HOW TO use paths and goals for campaigns (along with some example paths!)
- Here's our recent blog about point people that can help as well!
- And a path template in Google Docs that you can copy and use to map out your paths before you create them!